BOTOX & DERMA FILLERS
WHAT IS BOTOX?
Commonly known as Botox injections, anti-wrinkle injections are used to smooth lines and wrinkles for a younger, more rejuvenated look. Botox is a cosmetic treatment, which injects a substance known as Botulinum toxin into the face to reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles by relaxing facial muscles. Botulinum toxin is a chemical produced by bacterium Clostridium botulinum. Botox is a protein derivative of the toxin, which when injected into a muscle, causes it to become weakened or deactivated. It stops the muscle from functioning by blocking neuromuscular transmission. It stops the chemical messages from the nerve to the muscle.
Which Facial Lines Are Suitable For Botox?
Botox will improve or totally remove those facial wrinkles caused by repetitive muscle contraction. The most frequently treated ones are:
- Frown lines – the vertical lines and/or furrows between the eyebrows
- Surprise lines – the horizontal forehead lines
- Crow’s feet at the sides of the eyes
- Lines under the eyes
- Bunny Crunches on the upper nose
By relaxing the underlying muscles responsible for these lines, the lines will either improve or completely disappear depending on how deep they are before treatment.
Other uses of Botox injections include the correction of:
- Gummy smile (showing excessive amount of upper gum on smiling)
- Canine smile – a snarling type of smile
- Turned down corners of the mouth
- Flared nostrils
- Vertical neck bands
- Hyperhidrosis (excessive perspiration of under-arms, groins, hands or feet)
When can I see results?
The treatment normally starts to take effect after 4 to 10 days but may vary slightly with some individuals.
How long does it last?
Treatment lasts approximately 12 months.
WHAT IS DERMA FILLERS?
Dermal Fillers are an injectable cosmetic filler, which helps to create a smoother appearance and restore volume and fullness in the face by filling out deep lines. The products are either synthetic or natural, which are used to help restore volume or fill in various lines around the face. They are injected under the skin to give a more youthful or enhanced look.
- Nasolabial folds – to reduce the appearance of deep lines between the bottom of the nose and corners of the mouth.
- Marionette Lines – to fill and reduce their appearance.
- Lips – add volume and definition, and reduce the appearance of wrinkles around the lip area.
- Corner of the mouth – often referred to as smile lines, dermal filler smooth’s any wrinkles around the corners of the mouth.
- Cheeks – add volume and definition to cheeks.
- Jawline – to redefine the jawline.
HOW IT WORKS?
Dermal filler is an injectable gel made from hyaluronic acid – a naturally occurring substance in your skin. Once injected, the substance instantly plumps up the skin, smoothing away deep lines, folds and wrinkles in the face and adding volume to lips.
HOW LONG DOES IT LASTS?
Results vary from person to person, area to area but typically fillers last between 12-24 months and are noticeable immediately after the treatment.
Make an Appointment
For appointment or any question contact us to make an appointment with Surat leading dermatologist Dr Mahendra Vaghasiya. Equipped with many years of experience in treating anti-ageing conditions of patients with BOTOX & DERMA FILLERS, he will evaluate your individual skin condition and discuss the treatment options with you. You may also send an email by filling Enquiry form at https://shrihariskin.com/contact and our team will respond to your questions or appointment request as soon as possible.