WHAT IS DERMAROLLER?
A derma roller is a handheld roller-device covered in microneedles – needles ranging in length from 0.25 mm to 1.5m – which is rolled over the skin. This is done in order to create tiny skin punctures on the skin which triggers skin repair, leading to the creation of new collagen. A bodily protein made up of amino-acids, collagen is the part of the connective tissue that helps in firmness, strength, suppleness, and elasticity in skin.
WHAT ARE THE INDICATIONS OF DERMAROLLER?
- Fine lines and wrinkles
- Anti ageing
- Skin Tightening
- Acne and scars
- Skin texture improvements
- Stretch marks
- Hair loss
- Skin rejuvenations
Mechanism of action
- As needles penetrate skin, there is creation of a multitude of tiny puncture wounds to the dermis (middle layer of skin) leading to secretion of growth factors that stimulate the production of new collagen and elastin (proteins of dermis).
- Creating dermal damage without the removal of healthy epidermis means that healing time is rapid and does not cause any comparable pain.
- A topical anaesthetic cream is applied to area to be treated so that area becomes numb, minimising any discomfort. It takes 30-45 minutes to numb the area.
- Then applies the derma roller to your skin, moving it in a series of rhythmical strokes, up and down your skin. It takes around 20 to 30 minutes on average. This causes tiny wounds, the number & depth depending upon derma roller used.
- There may be some reddening of your skin following this procedure, with skin looking like mild sunburn. This will become normal within few hours.
- Well tolerated and well accepted by the patients
- Can be done on all skin types
- Can be combined with other acne scar treatments like subcision, chemical peels, microdermabrasion, and fractional resurfacing, thus maximizing the benefits to the patients.
Make an Appointment
For appointment or any question contact us to make an appointment with Surat leading dermatologist Dr Mahendra Vaghasiya. Equipped with many years of experience in treating various cosmetic and aesthetic conditions of patients with DERMA ROLLER, he will evaluate your condition and discuss the treatment options with you. You may also send an email by filling Enquiry form at https://shrihariskin.com/contact and our team will respond to your questions or appointment request as soon as possible.